Thursday, December 29, 2011

When You Flew Out of the Nest

Top Five Shows of 2011:

5. Paul Simon-First Avenue. He wasn't in the best of voice and not terribly chatty, but with that body of work, he doesn't need to be. and the solo "Sounds of Silence" gave me a case of the permanente goosebumps.

4. Handsome Furs-Triple Rock. I'll give up Wolf Parade if it means i can get an album and tour a year from the HF. This show was just as good (maybe better) than the 7th street entry show for Face Control. Get in, get played, get out in around an hour. my clothes are still vibrating.

3. My Morning Jacket-Rock the Garden. Now i know what all the fuss about RtG and MMJ live is all about. I think that might have been the best spectacle show i've ever seen. Yim is a rock god. now about that neko case performance.....

2. Noah and the Whale-First Avenue. i tried to keep this off my list. i really did. i can't wait to see them again.

1. Peter, Bjorn and John-First Avenue. ok, first off, i didn't get nearly trampled so that was good. secondly, this was my third time seeing them and by far and away my number one favorite time. thirdly, that Young Folks to Second Chance sequence was dynamite.

No comments:

Post a Comment